Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fred Nile to ban boobies

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bluesuede, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Stop the insanity! :shock:

Fred Niles, in his latest bout of wowserism, is attempting to ban topless women on beaches.

Story is here

Do I want somebody with big knockers next to me on the beach? What - is that a trick question??? Of course I bloody do!

Bloody hell.

2. Do I want somebody with big knockers next to me on the beach? What - is that a trick question??? Of course I bloody do!

Bloody hell.[/quote]

it was a trick question

3. ewwwy

see that should be covered up, a good "shapped" woman on the other hand shouldn't be afraid of topless bathing (unless being leered at by people is an issue)

people should understand it's rude to stare
  4. As usual the religious are more concerned with other people's sexuality and freedom than with any real issues. Nothing wrong with boobies and the people of Australia will only reinforce that fact if this ever gets close to a vote.
  5. Wraparound sunnies FTW :cool: .

I wish I shared your confidence. However, with the new wowserism that appears to be taking a firm hold throughout the English speaking world (and elswhere for all I know), I wouldn't be so sure.
  6. If they want to go topless then they gotta expect to be stared at, tis like the 'tarts' (don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with it, its a descriptive word) dressed up in a belt and a shoestring expecting people to not stare... that's WHY you got dressed up, no-one cares if its for Johnny at the bar, who doesn't even notice you cos he's gay or already attached to a super-model...
    The whole crap of, "I dress to make myself feel good"... so staring at yourself makes you feel good? then do so in a mirror...
    One should feel comfortable about being looked at when outside no matter what you're wearing (in the interests of freedom), be it a suit or a shoestring...
    I don't wear a leather S&M gimp suit, cos I don't feel comfortable going down to Knox in it... :p
    EDIT ADD: Humans are a curious creature, we look and study at everything, incl. each other...

What might be considered rude is drooling on her toes... :LOL:
  7. Sanity has prevailed.

In Australian politics.

8. What I'd like to know is what the point of such a ban would be. Let's just run through who it might protect, and from what:

- Hetrerosexual adult and teenaged males would be protected from seeing female nipples. No need to protect us from that, Fred Nile. That's something we like seeing, and would generally like to see more often.

- Homosexual adult and teenaged males would be protected from seeing female nipples. I doubt that they care.

- Adult and teenaged females would be protected from seeing female nipples. . . you know, somewhat similar to the ones they see every time they get undressed and look down.

- Infants would be protected from seeing female nipples. Wait - aren't those the things that infants suck on in order to feed? Yes, they are.

- Children would be protected from seeing female nipples. Again, I doubt they really care, or that seeing them would do any damage to the child.

However, some children might notice that men's and women's chests are different, and might ask their parents quetstions. I have therefore deducted the one potential benefit to Fred Nile's proposed ban on topless bathing:

- Parents who are uncomfortable talking to their children about any parts of the human body other than the "polite" bits may be protected from one potential source of questions about the "other" bits.
  9. Don't ask questions!

The religious mantra.

10. Was looking forward to going down to Bondi Beach and performing some citisens Arrest
  11. Fred Nile, you are a legend.
  12. he needs to go back under the rock he crawled out from...
  13. He won't do that, just because you said so.
  14. He's one of those guys who wakes up in the middle of the night with the profound fear that someone, somewhere, is having a good time. :evil:
  15. I think they have a name for that phobia..... just can't find it anywhere atm :p
  16. You're right. Take a picture it will last longer. Just make sure theres no kids in the photos, that's illegal.
  17. Unless your a pedo looking artest, then its allowed... :?
  18. You've got it all wrong - it's not because he wants to be a prude...

He just doesn't want to offend Muslims! :shock:
    and that would be a first too...

Topless ban to protect Muslims and Asians: Nile

Georgina Robinson
    December 30, 2008 - 1:27PM

Conservative MP Fred Nile says he wants topless bathing banned in NSW to protect Sydney's Muslim and Asian communities.

The Reverend Nile has rejected allegations that prudishness is behind a bill he has prepared to ban nudity, including topless sunbathing, on the state's most popular beaches.

Australia's reputation as a conservative but culturally inclusive sociery was at risk of erosion by more liberal overseas visitors, he said.

"Our beaches should be a place where no one is offended, whether it's their religious or cultural views," he said.

"If they've come from a Middle Eastern or Asian country where women never go topless - in fact they usually wear a lot of clothing - I think it's important to respect all the different cultures that make up Australia."

The practice was at risk of raising the ire of Muslim men in particular, Mr Nile said.

more... :LOL:
  19. Well I hope he's planning on getting alcohol banned from shopping centres, pork banned from butchers and the word "bacon" removed from McDonalds' menus too.

Wouldn't want to be inconsistent now, would we?