Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Freak accident in driveway!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by funky_monkey, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Hello all

2:30am 6th March Sunday morning my girlfriend her mum and I woke to smash/bang/crash etc... and a car reving its guts out. Run outside in a panic to find my girlfriends car, her mums car smashed and my busa on the ground. Now, how the hell could that have happened??? Well, some stupid 22 year old P plater was speeding in an old toyota corona with 2 rear bald tyres, and I mean bald to the canvas! Lost control in the wet, T-boned my girlfriends car which was parked out on the street, then she claims her exalerator got stuck and shot straight ahead up the driveway and hit head on with my girlfriends mums new car with such force it pushed the car a couple of meters which hit my busa from behind and then bang to the ground :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: The busa nearly ended up through the bedroom window where we were sleeping.

Strange thing was (as a witness observed out their window) this stupid 22 year old reversed out of the driveway in a hurry and ended up at the start of another driveway but then stalled. At that stage she tryed to start the car again but would not start. In our opinion, she tryed to flee the scene. And no, she was not drunk. Cops were there. Oh... and it wasn't her car.

As a result of all this, at the time, I was very angry. The busa doesn't look like it has a lot of damage but when you look closely you begin to see the the front cowling is twisted and cracked, the fairing is scratched, 1 can is scratched, other cans bracked is bent, clutch cover no good but yet to see the internal damage if any. I'm tippin there is.

Anyhow, I'll be out of action for a while until I get it back. Hopefully sooner than later.

Enjoy your riding peoples and stay upright.

See you soon :)

Cheers Franky 8)

2. that sux. Was she or the car insured ?

3. sorry to hear about your ride, but please if possible see the funny side of this suggestion, change heading to "freak had accident in my driveway"

4. Shes not insured but still don't know if the owner of the car is insured.

5. really want to see her end up in jail!!!

Hate people hit and run!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

6. Damn, Franky..that's bad. Could have been worse, you could have been on the bike whilst being hit.

Sue her!!!

Stay safe all.

7. Franky,

I don't know how you keep your cheery mood......if I were you, I would want to kill someone right now.

It angers me that these things could have been prevented, there is not ONE good reason why this should happen....why don't people have more brains?? Like driving slower in the rain.

This incident has affected 3 persons closely related, it's equivalent to all your nightmare come at once.

It's the most unpleasant cut-up feeling to see your vehicles all smashed up for something that's not your doing.....not to mention your busa.

I feel for you, Franky. BTW, has your gf got herself a bike yet??

8. Driving slower in the rain doesn't help! The main point is if they don't know how to drive, don't drive or check their shitty car more often to make sure everything in safe condition or get a better handling car!

If can't afford, don't drive!!!

9. Another fine example for having compulsory third party insurance from a commercial entity rather than TAC. Unfortunately suing will mean that she'll cry poor and won't be able tp pay back more than $5/week. Unfortunately, it seems that you'll have to make a claim on your insurance company and then hope that they'll then try and redeem the costs for themselves. I'd hate to be in her shoes, time somebody like this served time and an example made out of her, especially after trying to flee the scene.

10. Bugger Franky, not good at all. :( Good to hear no one was hurt though. :) It could have been worse.

I hope everything gets sorted out quickly.

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

11. Nodz wrote:

Don't most insurance companies chase up payment from the driver at fault when an innocent party has to make a claim because the other driver had no insurance?????

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

12. OMG Franky :shock: Your poor baby :cry: :evil:

Good luck with your insurance dealings....hope it works out for you well and quickly.

:D :D :D

13. Yeah, Lids, that's what I meant. But I had a mate where something similar happened, other drive totally at fault and her insurance company tried to hold off repair and payment as long as possible, so that the other party could pay up so that they didn't have to shell out the money. Admittedly, offender was more affluent and damage was a lot less than in this case. It'll go to court and Franky will have to go as he will be a witness after the fact and the insurance company will need his testimony in order to try and recover the money from the other party.

14. MATE::....sorry to here that.. :( :( :(

who's car was it then??a friends??it sounds like the car shouldn't have been on the road(with bald tyres)...
    had she been drinking??and what did the cops say, did they charge her with anything....

I'm glad you and g/f and her mother are OK.......

:evil:

Graeme

15. what.....the.....hell..............

16. Sorry to hear that Franky :(

Hope you get all the vehicles back on the road without cost to yourself.

17. oh not a sexy busa... a viffer ok but not a busa :(

1 go to her house
    2 burn down said house
    3 tell her the family is next if you dont get cash :evil:

biatch

18. That is just outrageous. At least no-one was injured.

Commiserations to you, your GF and GF's Mum. I hope the damage is repaired asap at no cost to you, as it ought to be.

Grrrr... :evil:

19. What a nut :evil: I hope all your cars and bike get fixed asap.
    Lisa :twisted:

20. Jeeepers franky, I bet you wish you could have hit the snooze button on THAT alarm clock!! Hope you get the busa fixed soon and see you back on the roads asap :(