Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Frame Sliders

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by cash, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Just wondering if anyone here uses frame sliders for their bike (fairings) in case of a minor drop..

Do they do the job or just a complete waste of money?

2. Nearly everyone who has dropped thair bike wishes they had bought a set before hand. I do. I am buying a set next month for my bike.
  3. Frame Sliders are very handy indeed. You also need to see what type of frame sliders are best depending on your bike. You can get fork, major frame, rear wheel, tank sliders and probably other spots where something can be bolted on. You'd want good quality sliders for the main frame ones (probably made from delrin)

Various types available for my bike are:

Such a wealth to choose from :)
  4. It's just my opinion, but I've always felt that by the time these devices have saved damage to the upper parts of the bike they will already have allowed damage to the lower parts; I might add I'm happy to be proven wrong....

5. Read this mate :grin: http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3626&start=0

(pics are later on in the thread)
  6. I am more worry about the low speed or stand still drop which will potentially cost hundreds and thousand to repair or replace the fairings.

With a high speed drop, I will be more worry about myself than the bike.. :D

I was thinking of a naked bike.. but when I saw the Zs, I couldn't resist the beauty.. ohh, well I suppose I have to bear with the consiquences.
  7. Looks like something worth getting.. however, couldn't find the model I am after... Kawazaki ZXR250.
  8. I was interested in tracking down a set of these for my bike, because the plastic costs a squillion if you need to replace it.

However I've decided against it, because of the risk of frame damage. The GSXF wasn't designed with sliders/oggy knobs in mind (although you can source them online if you look around), and I'm not keen on force being transmitted to the frame in a place that wasn't designed to take it.
  9. R&G racing crash knobs for me, from http://www.amcmotorcycles.com

On the 9R, they mount directly to the engine mounting bolts. Worth their weight in gold.

10. I'll add my self to those that are big fans of oggy knobs.