Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Frame sliders - where to get the good and cheap kind!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by vagrant, May 29, 2007.

1. Apologies if this is a weekly thread starter, but I have doen the search and come up wanting. This may be because I am inept at searching forums, but so be it.

Frame Sliders - need good quality and cheap! :LOL:

Bike: 2007 GSXR600. Hopefully, considering this design is now 2 years old, there should be some decent aftermarket solutions out there. I have had two quotes so far - Suzuki $280 (from stealership) and custom built $240.

As my fairing is still nice and shiny, I am loath to cut into it(although I hate the idea of using bracketed sliders). So bracket type ones are fine.

If you have any suggestions please reply or shoot me a pm.

Cheers,
    vagrant

2. whoa! slow down the replies! :LOL:

i have found the error of my ways - regarding terminology. :butt:

thanks for the pm Z900! :google:

3. The prices you state sound pretty good to me. Whats your problem?
    Good + cheap dont always go together. Like fantastic pay for SFA :)

4. its called tongue-in-cheek or mild sarcasm or hell i dont know.....

everyone looks for the optimum quality vs price on everything they buy. If they dont, they have too much money and not enough sense. Just trying to get a consensus of others' experiences with the cheap/expensive ones they bought.

Do you know how much it costs to make 2 frame sliders? not $280. But that is a whole other issue, and not worth getting into here.

Its cool, I am contacting a local guy to see if he can sort me out. :cool:

5. R & D is not cheap neither is International Patents and manuafcturing overheads.
    Found these

My 2c worth again :grin:

6. :wink:

hey good link. cheers!

7. Mate, I just bought some of this guy for a 2004 R1.

He is great! Awesome service and happy to answer any questions.

They arrived in the post today, and in all honesty, I can't tell the difference between these and a set a mate paid $220 for...The build quality is great.

He has heaps of stuff in his ebay store, all quality stuff.

Cheers,
    Ash

8. Happy to help. Wasnt sure of the quality but others say they are fine.

9. probably not, smee, but you can't say he's being sneaky about it :LOL: