Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Foxy's Off

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Foxy, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Ok by now many people have discovered I had an off on Sunday. Rather than explaining to everyone individually thought I'd just post it up instead.

Long story short:-
    Coming around a blind right hander on some twisties
    Confronted by a campervan that was half over my side of the road as it was going to fast for the corner.
    Went out wide which was fine,
    However the other half of my lane was covered in gravel.
    Started to lowside
    Straightend bike up and braked
    Ran out of road
    Knew I was going to come off so banked left to aviod damaging my new can
    Got pinned under bike

Damage to bike :- Snapped gear lever, bent handle bars, scratches all over (buffed most of them out already)

Damage to me :- Not much other than a shit load of bruising to my left leg / ankle sore ribs and left sholder

Thanks to Fling, Thunder Cat, Twin Pilot and all the others with me for helping out

Cheers
    Foxy

2. Those damn campervans!

Glad to hear not much damage to the bike and you.

3. :LOL: :LOL: That's a boy save the important parts :LOL:

as i said b4 it's good to hear your ok!

4. Glad to hear you are relatively ok!

Sounds like you had some very quick / good decisions made too! I am not sure if I was in the same situation if I would have been able to think "I'm going to come off, which side of my bike would I prefer to send down the road?", and then have the presence of mind to weigh up the pros and cons and decid on the left...

5. The old slide down the road to avoid the caravan trick, eh? :shock:

Glad your relatively undamaged in the circumstances! :)

6. Any "off" is a bad one Foxy.
    But glad to hear that you came out of it relatively unscathed. :(

Hope you and the bike recover quickly. :D

7. sorry to hear that man, glad you are ok though

and you had just got the bike sorted from the last off.......bugger.

8. I'mglad to hear you are ok :) Thank god the can was saved :D

Lisa :twisted:

9. Yikes. Glad to hear you made it out OK. And that the bikes isn't oo bad either. Did anyone get the details on the caravan and car by any chance? Bugger if not :(

Let's not make it a habit of seeing these sorts of posts people :) Keep the shiny side up :)

10. Just glad you're still with us Foxy! :)

11. Amen to that! :)

12. sorry to hear you came off, but glad to hear you and the bike are mostly ok. Hope those bruises heal quickly :)

13. Good to hear you're OK there mate - we've had WAAAY too many injuries of late.

14. Did anyone get the number of the campervan for you... Did they bother to stop?
    Cheers,
    Pete
    P.S. Glad you came out o.k.

15. Campervan didn't stop as I don't think the guy realised he caused an accident probably only saw the bike swerving and avoiding him. The worst part was that Foxy would've made it if the gravel wasn't there :(

Lesson for the day: Try emergency swerving on a bend that doesn't have gravel on half the road :p :D :LOL:

16. sory to hear that,hope u get better and the bike back on the road

17. The sight of Foxy's bike on the ground as I came round that corner is one I will never forget. Certainly not pleasant to come round a corner and seeing another rider down. Glad I did not see him pinned under bike as the shock would have been much worse, sure I would have assumed serious injury

Take care of those bruises Foxy and glad that the bike does not need too much doctoring.

18. Sorry last post should be under Thundercat and not Sir Skuffy.

19. Few....though I'd hit the ground a little too hard for a minute there.....was sure Mitch wasn't there :LOL: :p :LOL:

20. Glad u & the bike r ok