Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Foxtel, I'm over it! Any alternatives?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by LadyYamaha, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I pay around $80 per mth & now I have so few channels available & the ones I have to pay more for seem to be version 2 of the ones I have!

Can anyone tell me how to get the best sports channel coverage at a reasonable price?

2. Sell your telly and get more motorbikes.
  3. Thanks Loz, got 2 already but can't watch MotoGp or superbikes on them!
  4. It costs THAT much?

Now I know why I never signed up for it...
  5. Yep & it's mostly worth it to have watched race & be going to bed when free to air starts it's telecast but now i'm over having nothing else that interests me for the rest of the week.

I've read somewhere about a free service that shows a lot of the pay tv stuff but can't find it when I want it!
  6. Be sociable, get down to Fairfield for JohnnyO's race night. IT's good fun watching the races with friends, and they stay open for us all night for a couple of bucks each race night.
  7. ditch TV, n get outside.
    i used to live in front of it.
    sure, i live in front of my PC screen when im home, but i try not to be home. or its at crazy hours like this.
    otherwise im riding, working, clubbing, or with mates.

down with TV :p
  8. Sometimes it's better to shut your mouth & appear stupid rather than open your mouth & prove it!

If you can't help me to find the link I'm looking for then scroll up!
  9. i'll put some links together and pm you in the morning :)
  10. $1000 a year for tv? No thanks, thats two whole sets of tyres, or 6-7 track days!

Your best alternative is to just keep a decent net connection (I assume you have one?) with a decent mb quota, and just download specific shows you want, on demand.
  11. 80 bucks!

join fitness first.
  12. isnt every channel on foxtel only $105 per month?
    u may aswell pay the extra $25 a month if your already paying $80.
  13. go see melbourne satelittes and for around $700 you can score a dish and decoder then tune in to star sports, sit back, blow a joint, have a drink and watch the racing :)
  14. i;m curious what play you're on Lady...
    i pay $76 a month and I get every single channel EXCEPT MOVIES
    I found we never watched movies so I got rid of them.
    you just need to..negotiate with the suckers!

i'm upgrading to HD foxtel soon
  15. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Says so much, so succinctly. Post of the month :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  16. Cable is a waste of money.

Spend the same amount on a decent internet connection and download whatever it is you want to watch.
  17. Me too Dougz
  18. http://www.selectv.com/ is cheaper, but doesn't give you access to everything foxtel does.

I got rid of all pay tv, built a media centre and now just watch and record Digital Free to Air..
  19. Do you work for foxtel?