Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Found passion for bikes again

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by BradG, Jun 4, 2016.

1. First bike I owned was a Honda Z50. I was about 7 and I loved that little bike to death. That was over 30 years ago and now have finally got my self a bike again. A Honda CBF 250. My journey to getting a bike again began with the learners course. Such a mix of excitement, fear and exhilaration. About a week after that sat the road rules test. I had my L's ! (But no bike). I had planned to hire bikes to get up my road skills but realized this was not practical and expensive. But the time I had hired a bike or two I could have near bought a little CBR 125. So the bike hunt was on. I was all over eBay gumtree and bike sales. I started looking at cheap 125 but after feeling quite cramped on one at the rider training thought I needed something a little bigger and with more power. A week later saw the CBF 250 and thought that will do me. So happy to have a bike again and looking forward to some great rides and meeting some great people. Big Hi from BradG Newcastle.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Welcome to NR.
    The bug bites hard! Lol
  3. Welcome :cool:

Oh and awesome avatar pic btw :)
  4. It really does! I have so much to catch up on. Thanks
  5. Welcome to NR...

And welcome back to riding..
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks :)
  7. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. It maybe a bit wet for you guy's at the moment.
  8. few months and you'll be looking to start a collection ... hehehe:cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks. Yep big wet setting in.
  10. Thank you
    • Like Like x 1
  12. A few months! Haven't stopped looking. I think Bike number 2 will be a cruiser
  13. ha! I don't blame you, just about every bike is a beautiful work of art, some more than others.
    Each bike fits a purpose and a style of riding too. I watch a lot of bike reviews on youtube, it's a great way to get insight since there's not enough hours in a day to test ride them all yourself.
    That said the only way you're going to know if the bike suits is when you've ridden it for an hour.
    Why would you pick a cruiser over say a super sports or trail bike?
  14. #14 chilliman64, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    gday BradGBradG welcome to NR - beauty is in the eye of the bike owner, ride what you want and don't be swayed by (un)popular opinion. congrats on the L's!

edit: sp.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome to Netrider and back to two wheels Brad :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome BradGBradG , yep I'm a 'returnee' after a long layoff too!

A cruiser?

A friend is looking at a cruiser after a sportbike. chilliman64chilliman64 rides a cruiser & turned up on a sportbike last group ride.

Variety is indeed the spice of life!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Great sentiments Dray. Good question about the bike. I'm 6'2 and feel like I'm all legs when I'm on nakedd and super sports. I sat on few cruisers for the first time a few weeks ago and just felt comfortable. That's about the only reason. Keen to get an 80's series trail bike too ;)
  18. Same with my mate, he's a tall, skinny greyhound looking guy who's had enough of folding himself up to
    ride his Hayabusa. No fun riding a bike if it pains you after 1/2 hour. Message from his back - 'buy a cruiser'.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks. Either I'm too old to be swayed by popular opinion or old enough to know what I want. .........Actually, I think it's both :)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hehe..greyhound. Makes me laugh. That's me! (I used to be a sprinter) Woof! :)