Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Forums unavailable, Sat 21:00 to Sun 13:00

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Sep 17, 2009.

1. All,

To facilitate a major upgrade and conversion of our forums software from phpBB to vBulletin, our forums will be unavailable from approx. 21:00 (9pm) this Saturday (19th Sept) to approx 13:00 (1pm) on Sunday.

As with all major software upgrades, I'm sure they're will some little niggly issues post upgrade. Please bear with me as I work through them :? I've performed quite a number of testing conversions in the last couple of months, so I'm confident that there won't be anything more than small issues.

To assist with the upgrade, new registrations will be temporarily disabled from approx 12:00 (midday) on Saturday. It will be re-enabled shortly after the upgrade and conversions process has been completed.
    • BS BS x 1
  2. Dammit! I expect compensation. Lets see I paid $5 four years ago. $1.25 per year. Works out to $0.00257 for this sixteen hour window. Naaa, just kiddin.

Good luck with the upgrade, just make sure you test Hornets account or there might be trouble.
  3. Nah, go ahead and disable it, I'd like to see him squirm... :roll: :roll:
  4. I'm happy with "squirm"

It's the mental breakdown that gets messy ;)
  5. How will Hornet survive without Netrider for so many hours :LOL:
  6. Hornet is the one getting the upgrade...
  7. he might go use his bike instead of talking about it on NR so much
  8. Good luck! Hope it goes smooth.
  9. Yippeee!!!

I hope it goes well Jason, and doesn't keep you up too late.
  10. Cool Mouth, we'll see ya on the other side!

FWIW, Hornet actually rides plenty.
  11. Bike purchased March 2005; mileage 54,900 lms
    Bike serviced yesterday; mileage 137,099 kms
  12. Dont forget to set the FS section permissions!! Apologies for abusing it with my test :)
  13. I seem to have lost the recent posts options (or since last log in).
  14. Search is currently disabled.
  15. Looks nice
  16. Fixed, thanks guys.

Notice you've got to mark forums as read to clear the decks from a search perspective otherwise you will end up with a very large list of unread posts dating back past your last visit. That's not a bad thing but would add more bandwidth everytime someone does a new posts check.
  17. I must admit I am not a fan of V Bulletin forums... hopefully once all the features are integrated fully again it will be better. Is the garage coming back?