Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Forums unavailable, Fri 22:00 to Sat 02:00

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, May 28, 2009.

1. The Netrider forums will be unavailable from approx. 22:00 tomorrow (Fri) until approx. 02:00 Sat. This is to facilitate a planned move to a new server.

• BS BS x 1
  2. I just heard Hornet screaming from here :shock:
  3. they say he can post without an internet connection, the real test for him will be can be post without a server?? :?:
  4. I don't see why not. He can talk under wet cement!
  5. I was once told that netrider only really exists in Hornets subconscious. The idea of the server only exists to present a concept that our weak minds can comprehend, like the matrix. I call it the netrix.
  6. fixed. :beer:
  7. Well done, Brother Joel.....
  8. Robin likes this :grin: :grin:
  9. forums were listed unavailable again last night, around 1:30-2am AEST, for me. tried all the usual, refresh, delete cookies/temp files etc, but no avail.

just odd that the domain still returned a hit as i get that message in the NR layout, yet nothing could be opened. planned downtime, or outage?
  10. what are you doing up at that time lol
  11. That's weirdly coincidental...you were deleting cookies at 2am, I was decorating them. Freaky or what? haha...ok.
  12. i think im gonna need a sample :grin:
  13. I can corroberate Robin, was wondering what was going on...?
  14. There are a series of updates planned over the next....hmmmm, lets see.......year :p
  15. The forums were disabled to relieve load on the database server whilst I exported, migrated, and imported all 900,000+ posts over to our new forum software for testing and integration.
  16. Cool, so newly developed hyper-steroided mice now?