Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fortune to insure your bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Ham, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Re: Firtune to insure your bike

And yes, what a stupid f*cking picture for that article. FFS
  2. Firtune to insure your bike

As i said in the other thread, bad for 250 and 1150 riders but awesome for the 600 class
  3. Re: Firtune to insure your bike

Photo has been changed to a toy run pic.

Lolz at the NSW government.
  4. Re: Firtune to insure your bike

oh my goodness ... it has been changed! :-s

it was like this:

and now it's this:
  5. good to see netriders posting on the comments section
  6. Well theres another reason im glad i dont live in NSW.
  7. if u ride a 600 to 750 its great living in nsw :)
  8. What the fark? Firstly, it should be 84.5%. Secondly, how 'authoritative' do you need to be to divide one number by another.
  9. dat's why I found it funny :D:rofl:
  10. Where are the new rates displayed?
  11. they aren't, that's part of the problem. No warning, no communication, just Labor shafting us one final time before they get voted out. It really is just a "screw you NSW" action.
  12. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in NSW, but isn't the greenslip insurance's purpose there to cover third parties that have been injured by the vehicle that is being insured? If so, then what is the justification for this increase. Are bike riders guilty of causing lots of injury to others?
  13. ive been asking the exact same question for years flux, still no answer yet

nothing but greed
  14. Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, I suppose their argument would be that we're subsidising protection for ourselves because motorcyclists are more likely to be injured in an accident.

It's not that bikes are more likely to hurt 3rd parties. It's that we're more likely to be hurt by 3rd parties, and so we must be punished on behalf of everyone else because of our probabalistic skew.
  15. That is just sad :(
  16. [​IMG]
  17. I find it interesting that Harleys and super-tourers are more dangerous than any type of sports bike