Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Forrest - Birregurra Rd (GOR return)

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by jmc, Jan 9, 2016.

1. #1 jmc, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Popular inland route back to Melbourne starting from the Great Ocean Road at Skenes Creek (near Apollo Bay) to the captivating Princes Highway via Forrest.

As you approach the town of Barwon Downs coming from Forrest the speed limit drops from 100 to 80 and you enter a long left hander. About halfway through this turn the middle of the road has subsided and VicRoads has done a spectacularly half arsed job of filling in the resulting hole.

The result of this shonky botched repair is the creation of a nice deep V shaped channel that will capture your front wheel and guide it, and then you, straight into oncoming traffic. For bonus points it is heavily shaded by trees and difficult to see until its too late. Warning signage is inadequate/woeful.

This hazard exists in the towards Melbourne direction only. Reported to VicRoads today.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for the heads up mate, Ill be heading that way tomorrow and probably saved me from soiling my daks, and possibly my life. (y)
    The amount of cash these fcukers make from traffic fines, rego etc and the public have to put up with half arsed jobs that could cost someones life.
    Where are the stats that show road fatailities caused by shit roads?
  3. #3 jmc, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Some dude from VicRoads rang me the other day and said he'd inspected it and they were gonna fix it.