Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

for your entertainment

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bangr, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Stack munkey has done it yet again , just for the entertainment of you all , picture this . I decide to ride today , last night we look for the key to the Ductai (the one that is not mine) and can not find it . after turning the house up side down , i come to work , do the same , still no key .

I now have to go see uncle scumbag , get a blank and then go hme and get a locksmith to cut me a new one (hopes he can of the lock).

yet again I amaze myself at what a fu&^ing mess one man can create .

:furious: ](*,)
  2. juz leave it for a while and suddenly you'll remember where you put it...

or try to think of the last time you saw it or put it down...

might trigger where you put too.
  3. weekend before last i hunted around for a good 45 minutes and was getting pretty frantic about having lost my only key. figured i'd slow it down and just get my stuff ready before looking for the key again, picked up my helmet to stick it on the couch and wallah, out pops mr key :grin:

i'm gunna go and get a copy made now :oops:
  4. I start looking for something else and by god, murphies law and some wierd star conjunction if find the key while looking for something else... probably because i move all that crap looking for it...

works 99%
  5. I have tried all of this , I have this idea it dropped out of my pocket yesterday , but as sure as my ass points to this earth as soon as I get it cut later today I will find it.
  6. LMAO...I did the same thing last week!

I was turning every room in the house upside down.
    Then I remembered that when i got home I pulled the blinds up outside cos it was windy, and low and
    behold, there were my keys, laying in the mulch in the garden bed outside my bedroom window.

I swear I must have been blonde in a previous life.
    ( no offence meant for all the blondes on this forum )
  7. hmmm , Blonde stack munkey !
  8. Kinda reminds me of when I lost the key out of my old gpx when I was riding on the highway. Managed to catch it in the crotch of my pants, a quick pull off to the side of the road, and replaceing the key in the ignition. Got a copy cut soon after that.
  9. Hope it's not one of those Duc's with the fancypants security key!
    Similar situation happened to a workmate who lost the key to his '02 CBR600RR. Thanks to Honda's HISS system he is now $3000 worse off :shock:
    He's hoping like hell he never finds the original key :LOL:
  10. funny enough i have never lost my bike keys...
    i come home and put them in the basket before i take off my helmet ..
    i guess im well organised....
    :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Don't worry, it'll be in the last place you look for it...
  12. You think that's bad?
    I once locked my keys IN my bike. :roll:
    How you ask, underseat storage. Had to wait in the rain for my brother to drive the spare set out to me.
  13. Being a noob I'm doing all the newbie type stuff.

Looking for the keys for a good 10-20 minutes, must've checked all my riding gear pockets like a hojillion times. They're still in the bloody ignition.

*Removes helmet, bangs head against wall*

Come out from the supermarket last night and hop on the bike. Keys in, ignition on in neutral, starts up with the sweet purr it always does, puts it into first...cuts out. Hmmmm, try again...cuts out. Tries again but this time tries putting it in second...cuts out. Go to move the bike downhill to see if that will help and I hear a scraping sound. It's the bloody sidestand.

Evidently my VTR250 has an automatic sidestand killswitch.
  14. :-s
  15. Silly invisible 'w'.
  16. mm side stand... nothing make you look like a bigger fool when you come out of the coffee shop hop on your bike looking all profesional. Then wonder why you bike cust out continuly when you click into first....

i feel so so noob.
  17. How's this for stoopid.....

Rode to work as I usually do, Melbourne CBD, and park in an underground public carpark. Go to grab the key at the end of the day, can't find it, get a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Long slow ride down the lift to the bike, and bugger me, bike's still there with key still in the ignition (at least I had a disk lock).

I'd like to say it was 'coz I was a noob, but no, it was two days ago.
  18. Yesterday did a similar thing.. just finished installing a scottoiler, needed to run the bike to set the initial "1-2 drops per minute"...

Where's the key??? If I'm working on the bike, the keys always in the ignition! So WHERE'S THE BLEEDIN KEY!!

search shed (like I'm ever gunna find anything there, we're still looking for the bullock team from last year :---) )

Search key rack in kitchen, search helmet, search everywhere, no key.

Grabs spare from wallet, starts bike, adjusts oil drippage, puts seat back on bike, as the scottoiler is fitterd in the under seat storage.............

The under seat storage, unlocked by using the missing key, which is still in the lock :facepalm: ](*,) Mrs Iffracem is still bagging me out :oops:

19. The under seat storage, unlocked by using the missing key, which is still in the lock :facepalm: ](*,) Mrs Iffracem is still bagging me out :oops:

Did the same bloody thing about three weeks ago and still havnt lived it down :LOL: :LOL:
  20. of course it'll be the last bloody place you look for it. why would you keep looking after you've found it!!! :LOL: :LOL: