Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

For those who want an MT-01

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by nil_orally, Jun 18, 2008.

1. A do-it-yourself kit

2. I've put this on the back burner after building it over a couple of weeks.

It takes ages and I've only started the push rods and engine fins.

It'll look great... when I've finished... :oops:

3. Wonder if it would be possible to blow it up onto larger paper and make a larger model.

Or even a full sized one lol

I wish I was that bored and had that much time on my hands

4. Roarin made one of these - an R1 - while he was laid up with a broken somethingorother. It's all kinds of awesome, you can see the little header pipes and cylinders under the fairing. Amazing.

5. You’d want to use fairly thick paper or card because otherwise it simply wouldn’t hold its shape if it were any bigger

6. Most inkjets will do quite thick card if you ask 'em nicely. Certainly thicker than the manufacturers specify for Epsons and Canons. Probably voids your warranty though :) .

7. i once tried to create a life size woman in this fashion however the cardboard box was too rough.

my apologies..im drunk :?

8. Print it out on an A0 plotter and stick the paper to thin hobby-board. Then use a jig-saw and scoring knife to make a full size version.

buy why bother. You'll pick one of these up for a song in a few years.

9. You'd think so, but there's so many layers and glue on the MT-01 model that it seems to hold together quite well...