Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured For those who ride in runners

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Flatbush, May 15, 2015.

1. If your not an ATGATTANFI rider,
    and too lazy to don your Alpinestars for the 5 minutes it takes to get to the Milk Bar and back...
    here's a useful tip... If you are in a collision, or just plain old "come off" the last thing you
    need is your footwear coming off.

:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. What does 'ATGATTANFI' mean?

3. All the gear all the time and no fcuking idea

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. All the gear all the time. Not sure what NFI is haven't seen that bit before.

5. Yet there it is right above your post.

6. Christ in the time it would take me to faff around threading and tying bloody knots I could have either put on my friggin alpine star boots, ridden in bloody thongs or actually walked to the damn shops and back!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. One word... VELCRO!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah saw that after I had posted my answer didn't see the point in writing it up again but. ....

9. Huh, that has been the way I doing my sport/running shoes for years.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. #10 Oldmaid, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    What does your new blue avatar mean Mr?

Edit wooohoo I know now...glad to see the bike back :)

11. Strong this minus the walking, walking is for peasants. If it's easier to tie laces than put on boots you really need some new boots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I like it, more importantly I now know what those bloody extra holes are for. My daughter used it on her Hockey shoes tonight and said it was " like that's so cool dad". I didn't have the heart to tell her I saw it NR.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Runners are for running in, trust me on this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I've always done that. So much so that without thinking about it, I laced up my toddler's runners like that. It seems to confuse the people at her daycare though if they have to retie them.

It doesn't take any longer - you just do it once.

The thing that really astounds me is that nobody's commented on the ad for their hi-viz at the end of the video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Are you stating that we're not cool with ver kids?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shit no, I was hoping she'd think I'd thought of it all by myself, sadly she's smarter than that :)

17. She must get it from her mother. :whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. No doubt about that.

19. Welcome to 1982, rite on the pulse of that one. Not a new concept but a bloody good one. Saying that, if your riding in runners, you should probably know how to run and use your laces correctly. Good job on sharing though! Share the wealth and find equality.