Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

For those new "photographers"

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Folks,

I know a number of you are delving into the DSLR market and are producing some excellent results.

For those that are fairly serious about their photography, you must consider investing in one of these http://tinyurl.com/5jxgbh

They are a portable storage device that will copy the contents of your media cards to its internal HDD.

This unit has 160gb mine has 80gb and is only half full after a few years use.

They are particularly handy if you are shooting a function where every other person has a digital camera. You can ask them for their card, pop it into this device and copy the contents across to it.

You can then end up with many photos that you can then present to your client/friend/enemy etc.

I have no affiliation with the company that is selling them, I use one and it's invaluable.
    At $199 its priced exceptionally well.

I fried mine when I plugged the wrong charger into it and a replacement unit minus the HDD was $110. (I just swapped HDD's)
    Now considering an 80gb HDD will cost around $70 this is a steal at that price.

Thank me later :p
  2. I just don't like the idea of having all my photo's stored on the one thing, particularly when travelling...
  3. It's not illegal to store your pics on multiple devices :?

But running out of room on your storage card is an issue.
    I'd rather carry one of these around on a trip as opposed to a laptop.