Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

For Sale 1996 Triumph Trophy 900

Discussion in 'Archived' started by ametha elf, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hubby is selling his 1996 Triumph Trophy 900. $1,600. Selling "as is" and unregistered. Engine needs work. 126,000 klms. Ph Bryan 0438 696 332 Brisbane

Attached Files:

2. Know what needs work with the engine?

Great bikes :D
  3. I had the pleasure of looking after one of these a few years back while a mate travelled OS, great long distance loper and not a bad freeway hauler either.

good luck with the sale.
  4. lowercase, could be head gasket or valve. We had a new radiator installed in December and it was still losing water after that, looks like it was going out through the exhaust. The mechanic said he didn't know exactly what's wrong with it unless he pulls the engine apart, and we can't afford that. It's been a great bike, hubby has done over 60,000 klms on it (and still loves it....).
  5. I remember the thread about it, Sad to hear mate and good luck with the sale. A bit far for me..
  6. A cheap option there for somebody. Forget fixing the engine, just buy one out of a crashed bike, and have some sessions with some mates fitting it at your leisure.
  7. Just wanted to let everyone know that this bike has been sold. They guy buying it is going to rebuild the engine as a project with the eventual aim of riding around Australia in two years. A sad day for us, but now we can start saving to buy another bike for hubby, as he hasn't had a bike to ride since January. (he hates riding mine....)
  8. Congrats on the sale of your bike, ametha elf ! Best of luck with your savings toward a future bike :)
    Thread now being closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.