Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

For all you old rock and rollers...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TonyE, Sep 2, 2005.

1. From today's Age

2. Ain't that a shame!

(sorry, I couldn't resist it. I do hope he's OK. But then again, I'd prefer that they were all OK)
  3. I wish I'd thought of that as a topic for this thread... :cry:

As somone who's a blues/cajun/zydeco fan, I worry who else is caught up in it...

Still - the benefit concert will be good! (I'm in an excessively cynical mood today I'm afraid) :roll:

edited - as usual - to fix typos. One day I'll get it right first time
  4. A regular at the Lomond then?
  5. Not for a long time now unfortunately...

Which is pretty silly since I don't live all that far away...
  6. Tony have you tried Nighthawk Blues - Nepean Highway Mentone , they get some good Aussie acts down there, Lloyd Spiegel, Geoff Achison & The Souldiggers, Slide Devils, Salty Dogs, if you like good aussie blues and a "not too pricey meal, give em a go, some of the old Redliners have reformed as the Red Hot Lovers and they get down there occasionally as well....... shit sounds like a bloody advert but hey the beers good..

The latest news says that Fats has been found, but his wife is still missing I'm so tempted to say he got to high ground on Blueberry Hill
  7. Nighthawk now there's a gr8 name!
  8. Unfortunately Gibson register all their brand and model names... so Nighthawk is verboten for anything remotely musical. :-(
  9. Would make for an interesting court case as I ride a Honda Nighthawk!
  10. It must be out of tune then.
  11. Honda don't make musical instruments, but my guess would be that if Yamaha or Suzuki made a bike and called it a Nighthawk they'd very quickly get a cease and desist letter from Gibson's legal department. You'd be amazed how anal the big boys of music are. I make solidbody electric mandolins and I've had cease and desist orders for using terms like "single cutaway" and "contoured body" in my descriptions. Even the shapes of the bodies and headstocks are protected. It gets doubly annoying when they bring out a guitar and then drop it after a few years but the name is still protected so no one else can use it. There's a plane called a Nighthawk too.
  12. But your bike is not a musical instrument :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers 8)
  13. Thanks nobby...
    I've heard of Nighthawk blues but never been down there..
    I heard that news about Fats Domino. I wonder how many "lesser" known names might have been caught up in it...

Unless they're really well known the local media isn't going to report anything...

Anyway - I just got the entire set of the Martin Scorcese Blues films from my daughter :LOL: :LOL:

Nice present...

14. So the question about the tragedy in the south of the US is; how long will it take the music industry to get up and running again? Does anyone know if the big studios in Mobile Alabama were also hit?
    So unbelievable that 10,000 people could lose their lives in a natural disaster in the most technologically-advanced country in the world. Who'd have thought that we could be sending AID to the US? I pray for the survivors, and the thousands of grieving families......
  15. Our youngest daughter was in New Orleans in October 2000, and you shudder to think it could happen in a city like that, strange thing is, George W can mobilise a bloody army in 5 minutes but couldn't get Disaster Relief of it's arse in 5 days.

By the way, dumb, stupid me, our daughter came home with a dozen sets of beads and I only woke up to how she came by them when watching a Lonely Planet doco on New orleans.