Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Foot/Ankle Update

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Dougz, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Thought you guys might like to see the extent of the damage to my left foot after 8 x weeks.

These were taken 2 x weeks ago before I had the pins taken out (today). As you can see in the 1st pic, there's a piece of bone that has decided to not re-attach itself and has left a significant gap. Dependent on pain, they'll make a decision to re-operate in 2 x weeks.

Here's hoping it'll be ok!!

2. OUCH!

Hope it decides to heal itself really really soon :shock:
  3. That'll learn ya. :LOL:

Heres hoping all goes well for you.
  4. Yikes!! Good luck bro. :)
  5. Could be worse!

6. FAAARK! That you Mark? When? How??
  7. Nah, just a pic I found a while ago. It's a Rugby injury I think. Looks nasty though doesn't it.
  8. Good to hear they have taken the metalwork out. You do want that crumb out though!
  9. Yeah. :eek:

Doc reckons it should be no problem where it is and should just stick itself to the nearest bone over time. The issue is the gap and the lack of strength that I might have there, along with possible pain. The pastimes that I pursue don't really allow for that kind of thing :blackeye:

I'll have a better idea in two weeks. It's pretty sore right now but that's probably just joint stiffness. (either that or I'm just a big wuss :LOL: )
  10. So have you worked out what your medicinal alcohol intake has been over the last 8 weeks? I'm glad I didn't because I only really remember being drunk most of the time.
  11. Too much Mike :LOL: I've put on soo much weight in the midriff area! :LOL:
  12. Are you walking to coffee tonight, to shed those unwanted kilos? :LOL:
  13. Thinking about it :wink:

But I'll be there.
  14. Nice Xrays.. :)

You are lucky that it was not both the Tib and Fib (i broke both when I was hit by a car, a long recovery time).. You be back and riding soon :)