Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Following on from yesterdays thread....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by incitatus, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Sorry this is a duplicate thread. I PM'd Mouth asking for a delete, but it's still here and has now developed a life of its own.

Our own little 911 stopped in its tracks?

"THE Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) has confirmed that four Australian women have been detained in Syria, accused of trying to take a dismantled gun aboard a plane bound for Australia."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17275173-2,00.html

2. Incitatus

Between the iron gates of fate,
    The seeds of time were sown,
    And watered by the deeds of those
    Who know and who are known;
    Knowledge is a deadly friend
    When no one sets the rules.
    The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools.

OK....ya got me beat, where did you find those words? They sound slightly Flloydish.... Roger Waters perhaps or am I right off the track?

3. Slightly Floydish? They're very King Crimsonish... :wink:

4. Well doesn't that just scream "OFARC"!

5. I have no idea what this thread is about :LOL:

6. I think it's about an Australin made Porsche. Or maybe one owned be Netrider?

7. Yeah, just gave me a "senior" moment...

8. It's about hijacking - the link story was about an attempted airline hijack. And Gromit just hijacked the thread :p
    (Edit: actually I think it was nobby).

9. And the stupid lengths to which people will fight for their "cause" including hiding gun parts in their child's toy. :x

10. Isn't that how you get Harley parts into Oz, disguised as gun parts?
    No, maybe it was the other way around.

11. It's stories like these that make you question our Immigration policies and selection!

12. Well it's better than
    "Cat food, catfood, cat food again"

(Now that's another OFARC musical challenge) :LOL: Chairman & Inci excluded...

13. I think they were pretty dumb to smuggle them, they could have hung them on chains arounf their necks and claimed they were some kind of punk jewellery... :LOL:

(or Harley Davidson parts - as someone said earlier :roll: )

14. If any thing happens here there will be hell to pay with every one blamming each other.

15. Right era, wrong band. They are from 'Epitaph', by King Crimson from the album, 'In the Court of the Crimson King'.

16. What a HOOT

http://www.songsouponsea.com/Promenade/Court2G.html

here's Inci's poem/song, being disected like an expository sermon :LOL: :LOL:

{Guys, it's just music, and the inspiration was probably in a bottle at least.....}

No offence, inci, they are clever words.

17. Yeah, right. Maybe you've been paying too much attention to the lyng rodent's diversionary tactics.

Gun components, hidden inside a toy, with bullets in the checked-in luggage?

Sounds more like someone had a use for a gun once they got here. Criminal intentions perhaps - or maybe having grown up in a place where bullets fly frequently she wanted to import an illegal a handgun out of some misguided desire for self-protection.

Either way, the knee-jerk reaction that "the terrorists are coming to get us" is just what the wingnuts want to see.

And by next week, the fear-mongers and their victims will remember this as yet another attempted terrorist attack on our god-given land, and one more reason why it's a good idea to let John Dubbya have his way with Anti-liberty^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hterrorist laws.

18. What do I win, what do I win???!!! :LOL:

19. That seems the way of the world these days........

There are some cause-passionate 'skip' Australians out there, and there are some cause-passionate 'immigrant' australians out there.

I just hope that Australia does not suffer the same inflictions as other countries around the world.

20. Err....you did notice the question mark didn't you?