Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Following on from TNdadUSA and his gun thread....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by incitatus, May 17, 2007.

1. I just love America, an endless source of fun and frolics.. :LOL:

Baby 'Bubba' gets a gun permit
    "CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- "Bubba" Ludwig can't walk, talk or open the refrigerator door -- but he does have his very own Illinois gun permit. The 10-month-old, whose given name is Howard David Ludwig, was issued a firearm owner's identification card after his father, Howard Ludwig, paid the $5 fee and filled out the application, not expecting to actually get one. The card lists the baby's height (2 feet, 3 inches), weight (20 pounds) and has a scribble where the signature should be. (Watch Bubba use his gun permit as a teething ring.)"

2. Hahahaololllool

:LOL: That's almost as funny as the time they sold guns to that mentally disturbed guy, when the background check failed to disqualify him...

oh wait
  3. Well I suppose he doesn't have a record at least!!

Seriously though, something wrong with that country.
  4. Hehe, yeah saw this one and was going to post it myself. Gotta worry about a country that allows people to have guns long before they're ever considered "responsible" enough to drink alcohol or drive.
  5. Banging my head on my desk as we speak. That's just silliness...

What about the grandfather thinking it's a great idea to buy his 10 month old grandson a shotgun??
  6. I'm sincerely hoping it was an intelligent US citizen trying to point out how pathetic the gun licensing laws. That or he's just a gun toting hick!
  7. I have a vision one day....

You get of the plane from oz walk on to American soil and at the exit of the international airport there are two tubs with guns and ammo under a sign saying;

"Welcome to America"
    (limit one gun and 12 rounds per person)

:wink: no so far from the truth hey....
  8. Not far at all. not so long ago, some counties in the southern US passed bylaws requiring all able bodied adults to carry a firearm at all times when in public, or risk being fined :shock:
    (or shot!)
  9. Don't think they'd hand them out to foreigners - that's one of the few groups they won't allow to buy guns.
  10. Because babies need to be able to defend themselves from illegal aliens.
  11. Seriously disturbing.
  12. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A baby lead overthrow of the US gumpynent...

Awwwwww, how cute will that be!! :)
  13. I have heard on some states requiring you to carry a firearm by law. But this was simply due to the wildlife of the area. This particular report i was reading was saying guns were mandatory in this particular state due to the overpopulation of wild bears in the area and the amount of attacks.

So theres two sides to every story i guess.
  14. Good find Inci. [​IMG]

Howard Ludwig poses with his 10-month-old son,
    "Bubba," who has his very own Illinois gun permit.

[​IMG]Naughty daddy needs a good dose of biatch slappin to remove that grin. [​IMG]

*crazy yanks*[​IMG]
  15. #15 Chef, May 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  16. I am of the opinion that they are no different to the muslim countries they despise, and every power that has brought war to nations before.

What I reckon: America has lots of rights, everything written on an amendment etc etc. The similarity is in their extremism of their own "rights".

For example to get my point across...
    (generalisations btw)

Australia: mostly peaceful mixed religion nation
    Turkey: mostly peaceful islamic nation

Palestine: Extremist Islamic nation
    America: Extremist western civilization christian nation

American's are too self righteous.
  17. Gotta pull you up on that one matey. Until the Zionist Jews started seriously colonising Palestine in the 30's and 40's, the country was one of the most peaceful and stable in the region, with Muslims, Christians and (non-Zionist) Jews all living together in relative harmony.

It was only when the Zionist Jewish machine starting buying all the land out from under the native Palestinian peoples noses that they started getting upset. The fight in Palestine isn't about Muslim vs. Jew, it's about invader vs. invadee. What would you do if your country was invaded and colonised by foreigners, only to have the entire world community turn their back on you??

Did you know that the UN has declared the Irsaeli occupation of Palestine unlawful on several occassions, but nothing has been because of Western economic and military interests in the region??

Sorry about the rant, but the whole Palestine issue really pisses me off. Not having a go at you Flex, you can't help it, the west has been fed lies about Palestine since the Zionists started moving in...

Read my sig if you want to find out the facts about Palestine...
  18. i don't disagree with you at all.

being why it made for the perfect example (specifically related to the point i was making, not because it actually is.)
  19. From the interview I heard, I think he is.
    He was saying he expected the application to be regected, and was supprised when it wasn't.

Pete I have been intending to make mention to you about that page in your sig. It has a very well structured timeline that really defines the problem well.
  20. Pete, i've read that paper a few years ago, i too have an interest in the subject. The thing that amazes me most about the situation is how a group of people can go through so much persecution, then turn around and do the same to the Palestinians. The fact that no one in the international community does anything about it due the relationship between Israel and the US and the military power it has over the surrounding countries.