Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Flywheel puller recommendations

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Peter UC, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hi all

Trying to replace the starter clutch in my SRV250 and I need to get the flywheel off, I have tried to use a cheep one I have lying around with no success and I therefore need a better quality one.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? I need one where you use bolts to secure the puller to the flywheel not the 3 jaw varity.

Thanks Peter

2. go to dealer / ebay and find a flywheel stator puller there are a couple of different types both internal and external thread it should be say m30 x 1 do you have a workshop manual ???

To use one you screw it into the stator and snug it home then tighten the screw on the end of the puller apply some preload and tap the screw with a hammer then tighten again and repeat it will shock off the taper

Good luck mate Bruce
  3. I have a manual, the puller in that looked a lot like my cheap one, I've reckon I can either beef up the cheap one or make my own pretty easily, so I'm having another go tomorrow. Thanks for the help.