Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

flush mount led indicators

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by robeel, Oct 5, 2011.

1. am putting on some new fairings on my bike but there's no holes for indicators.

anyone know of some nice flush mount indicators? & some nice led ones for the back too?

are the flush mounts difficult to install? does it only need a small hole drilled or bigger? maybe get a shop to install the flush mounts if it's difficult.

any good places in sydney that can do the install for a decent price if needed? i'm in eastwood/nth ryde area but willing t travel.

don't want to stuff up the newly painted fairings... need some asap to get my bike back on the road.

2. They do look good flush mounted indicators but be aware they often do not pass regulations on separation distance between indicators. The relevant design rule is: AUSTRALIAN DESIGN RULE 19/01
    INSTALLATION OF LIGHTING AND LIGHT-SIGNALLING DEVICE ON L-GROUP VEHICLES in width: For front indicators, the following requirements
    shall all be met:
    1. there shall be a minimum distance of 240 mm between illuminating

For rear indicators, the clearance between the inner edges of the two
    illuminating surfaces shall be at least 180 mm ...
  3. Would need to drill a tiny bit for the wires....................there are many cheap fleabay flush mounted signal lights.

I just bought 4 new LED lights from fleabay (not flush mounted though) for $13 :p.
  4. I've always wondered if some of the flush mounts can be "clearly" seen by other vehicles on the road? I'd hate for a car not giving way because they didn't see me indicate left or right. (oncomming traffic, suburban streets etc). Just ensure they are visible properly - IMO
  5. Maybe if you say what bike you have, then someone may be able to help you better, if they have the same ....