Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Flugtag 2010] Come fly with me.. Lets fly, lets fly away...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by jirf88, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Right. So.

I'm entering the flugtag. Anyone care to help come up with awesome ideas? The entry needs to be awesome enough to get selected, so I can build it and then fly it into Sydney Harbor.

TO THE SKIES!

2. to infinity and beyond?

how about a winged motorcycle?

3. I woudlnt mind doing a Burt Monroe style thing, but I don't think my other team members would go for it

4. human powered gaint hamster ball helicopter.

:)

5. MSpaint. Now. Go.

6. Maybe like a bus. A school bus, that is magical

7. Wheeeee.

Non stressed and brittle shell allows death trap escape, probably have to reverse the differential (1:3, not 3:1), but it could work for a laugh. or end in a ball of flame. :)

As the latest Engineers Australia promotion suggests; Make it Happen! Consider this the first half of the first iteration. :)

Edit; a double layer of clingwrap would work, and a couple of lifevests tied to the frame would keep it buoyant.

8. rs101. Get a patent on that now. Hurry....

9. Hell no, I want nothing to do with that [strike]death trap[/strike] fabulous idea

Edit: I am available for junkyard wars, however....

10. As a serious question jirf, is there really any rules on what is allowed, as in say water flotation, safety of the craft and occupant, e.t.c., or is it no rules, each to there own....

11. Yeah, there are a few rules.

I think the big ones are that it has to be buoyant, and the wing span can't be greater than 8m. Theres a few more regarding weight and team but I can't recall them atm.

12. Cool, it may help you to get some serious ideas, if that is what you are seeking.

Your first post should have read " drop into harbour " rather than "fly into harbour" ??....":LOL: :bolt:

13. So I've had a brilliant idea.

7djbX.

14. Hahahaha you are awesome with paint!

Those drawings are hilarious

15.  Top
  16. Any word on this??????

17. 7th Nov.

18. Yeah, I didn't get selected :(

They sent me a box of Red Bull energy shots and an RC helicopter to make up for it.

19. At least you got some free shots and a toy out of it.

Shame though.

20. My favourites are the ones that just fail massively. Straight down splat.