Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Florida - Long Shot

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, May 29, 2007.

1. Has anyone used one of our 3G phones in Florida (USA) recently? Mrs 2wheelsagain has global roaming but cant get coverage even in airports/major towns etc. :shock: Tel$tra says her phone should work over there (Samsung A 501).
    I know its a long shot but any ideas from NR? :? :evil:

2. My folks recently hit Europe - they called Telstra to make the Global Roaming arrangements.

Telstra activated Global Roaming, but neglected to remove a restriction that was already in place preventing international calls!
    Apparently it's a default setting on their plan/phone/something, and whichever muppet activated Global Roaming for them neglected to fix this restriction up.

Call Telstra - have a whinge - ask some questions - if they can't sort it out, demand a refund for whatever you were charged for the service as it didn't work [at least].

Good luck :)
  3. Thanks mate. Called Tel$tra and spoke to a lovely lady in Perth.
    Turns out although the phone was set to connect to any network it has to be manually set to the correct band which is GSM1900 in the US. (Hidden in the Samsung settings) This is not an issue here as the network auto switches or something :?

Anyway I have sent Mrs 2wheelsagain an email and hopefully it will work :)

So if anyone is travelling to the US with one of our phones take note :!: