Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

floats overflowing

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ekat90, Oct 9, 2012.

1. I ride a Suzuki gsx 250f across 93 bought it just recently and I've fallen into my first problem the over flow tube just keeps flowing out fuel now. It first started doing it rarely now frequently and I think its time I had a look at it . I've done my research and came to the floats and needed the only thing that's puzzling me is the thicker tube that its leaking from leads allthe way to the back corner of the bike I need to remove More panels too see where it leads too the two smaller overflow tubes go to the two float bowls now I just want to know if it could be still the floats causing the trouble or the troubles coming from where the thicker tube leads to Thayt Is had to see. I took some pictures.

2. Worn needle and seat? Or a bit of shit in the seat holding the needle from closing?

Or punctured/sinking float?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. had a similar problem with my car, the float had a hole in it.
    replaced float, good as old :)