Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

flip helmets at your local servo

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by supagu, Mar 3, 2008.

1. i have a flip helmet and im wondering if people just leave these on and just flip em up when going to pay for thier fuel. I know ur not supposed to wear a normal helmet in there for security reasons.

2. I would if I had a Nolan.

Try it and see what happens :)
  3. I imagine you'll get different responses different places. Give it a go - if it works, fine, if it doesn't, take the helmet off with good grace and no stress.
  4. +1 to the above posts.

A friend who wears a flip-up one will wear his into the building flipped-up, and usually doesn't get hassled for it.

I agree with Bravus - if they do ask that you remove it, that's fair enough I think.
  5. ...but put your hat straight on. See if they've got a sense of humour.

6. Wear a black balaclava under your helmet. They love it.
  7. When I worked at a servo I didn't mind open face flip helmets because you can see their face.

You always wonder though when riders walk in with a full face helmet and tinted visor is this going to be the one who demands for the cash.

A helmet (full face tinted visor) is just as good if not better than a balaclava.
  8. Yeah I wear a Nolan N102 flip up helmet and never take it off when I go in a pay for the fuel, no one has ever stopped me.
  9. Same here. Do it about 70% of the time and have never been asked to take it off.
  10. Flip ups and servos

Yes, so do I. I have never yet taken it off when going in to pay for fuel and no-one has ever asked me to. It's one of the good things about having a flip up.
  11. Never

Must say I just wear a normal helmet, have never taken it off and have never been asked to take it off. I have a clear visor which I normally lift up so they can see my eyes. I try though and remember to hold my card/cash in my hand.
  12. flip top heads
  13. Nolan must be selling container loads of N102's!

Had mine for a couple of months, always keep it on at servo's, flipped up, never had a problem.
  14. I've done that! I forgot I had it on- I had just been riding for 2 and a half hours. Servo attendant freaked out a bit (took a step back) when I walked through the auto doors... made me giggle a tad... :LOL:
    I took it off and all was good. :cool:
  15. If one is wearing a Burka?? What do you think? Could it be a disguise?

You can't ask them to remove that.
  16. If I get 'asked' to remove a helmet then I'll do it (assuming there is some sort of sticker on the door).

I am *not* removing a balaclava though (well not until they have a no balaclava sticker anyway) :LOL:
  17. the first day i got me lience i walked into a servo lifted me flip helmet up so i she could see me face and as i got to the counter she said take that off now but the day before my dad walked in on his bike did the exact same thing as i did he asked wheather it was ok and she said yes. So where am i going with this is that all depends on wat mood they are in at time they are serving you.
  18. I flip. Never had a problem.
  19. I worked in servos for about 5 years while at uni, and never did I ask a flip visor wearer to remove his helmet.

Any attendant who asks you to remove it is really just being difficult - a flip helmet doesn't obscure the face any more than a hundred other pieces of headwear people get around in.
  20. I wouldnt try that at some servos out west,

I dont wnat to give anyone a heart attack, then again theyre usually intrigued by the bike more then anything else

"how did they manage to shrink a fireblade?"