Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Flat tyre on a Sunday

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by deyago, May 15, 2005.

1. Hi All,

Just went out to the bike all ready to go for a ride and found the rear tyre flat. Does anyone know where to get a flat fixed on a Sunday?

2. Ring RACV because they care.....lol
  3. VERY few places that could help aren't open on a Sunday, those that are only have sales-staff on roster. :cry:
  4. Well phuck me. Any place that can't put a simple plug in a bike tyre should be closed down. Bloody amatures.

I went out and bought a tyre plug kit and am doing it myself. First one didn't quite seal 100% so I'm on to #2. Fingers crossed!
  5. some servos sell a can of some kind of sillystring thing that you emply out into your tyre and it expands and inflates the tyre. Not as good as having a good tyre but at least you can get around on it. Downside is that it makes a mess of the inside of the rim and is a pain to clean out when you replace they tyre.
  6. Yeah I'm thinking I might go out and grab some just in case the plug isn't totally successful. Off to see Mr Bike-tyre-guy later in the week.