Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Flat battery right now...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by geodude, Mar 9, 2016.

1. #1 geodude, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Hey guys... I've got a flat battery right now... very embarrassing. Left my key i if you can help. I'm so fcuked lol

2. jumpstart from someone nearby and friendly?
  3. Or roll start it:

• In third gear
    • ignition on
    • clutch in
    • get some people to push while you hold the clutch in or a convenient hill
    • bit of throttle
    • drop the clutch
    • brmmm
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. unless it's an EFI CB400..
    no leccy juice = no dino juice from pump :(

or will it generate enough power from roll start to power pump? never tried..
  5. Do you just have a heap of these lying around?

Please respond in suitable format....
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Poop. I was hoping for the gif version of something like this....

7. I have starred EFI, electric fuel pump bikes by roll starts but generally the battery has still had some juice just not enough to crank
  8. Newbie question. Why not roll start in first?
  9. Too much compression. 2nd is usually fine.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. So can lock back wheel and if you're not aware can dump you on your ass lol.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Hey all! Thanks for all of your input. I tried for 2 hours trying to get the bloody thing to start the other day. Had someone help me push but it still wouldn't start. Ended up leaving my bike at work and charged it with one of those trickle chargers. and haven't had a problem since.
  12. Just me being picky but most forgot the seat bounce.So your rolling as fast as you can with the clutch in and the bike in 2nd or maybe 3rd, just as you dump the clutch rise up and bounce HARD on the seat. That should maximise the rear wheel traction and avoid it locking on compression, locking means its not turning the wheel and neither is the engine = no start. If your lucky you have a good downhill, if not and you have a pusher you have maybe 2 or 3 goes before the pusher becomes a walker. Try and avoid the running side push and mount, its very easy to tap the gear lever mid mount and that does not end well. Guess how I know.
    • Agree Agree x 3