Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

flags on bikes

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by DeepWater, Aug 27, 2006.

1. some of you may think this is stupid...but anyway...

has anyone ever put a flag on their bike (maybe during the world cup or so forth).

with the nrl finals being around the corner, i was thinkin of putting a bulldogs flag somewhere on the bike, :cool:

2. Bulldogs? Blergh :p

Go the Tigers! (not this year though unfortunately).

3. Yes have had some experience :?

So you want a flag at least the size of the Socceroos ones from the car windows?

The mast must be able to bend - so something like an old fishing rod is ideal and able to obviosly have it secure somewhere. I've also seen springloaded car aerials work.

If you just use a steel pole or something that wont bend, then the flag will wrap around the pole very quickly once you get above 20kmh

A decent sized flag (say standard one you take to the footy) will have a lot of push at highway speeds, so ensure this is properly secured to a decent mast. Or just on the car aerial at around town speeds.

And post up some pics - flags on bikes are pretty cool :cool:

4. no, its GO THE STORM!!

5.  Top
  6. thanks for the info mate !

yeah i was just going to try and get one of those socceroo size ones. as the full size one is alittle big. ive also seen people have the flag layed out across the windshield of the bike, though i thought flag would be better, more people would see it :grin: plus less chance of getting road rage in bankstown if they see im a dogs supporter :LOL:

ill pop into bankstown square some time this week or on the weekend and get one from the bulldog store.

mark my words people, dogs to win the grand final 2006...put your house on it !! :cool:

hahaha, no way in hell !! :shock:

7. do a country bloke a favour, if you find a suitable flag get two and i'll send you the bucks. you just cant get that kinda stuff down here and i cant justify a trip to bankstown to get one.
    ill buy you a beer!!

8. Good idea. I seen some during world cup and i liked them.

Of course the red V is the one i prefer. tHEY LOOK GREAT ON THE MOVE, I GUESS A MAJOR DECISION WOULD BE TO HAVE HER REMOVABLE OR YOU MAY BE MISSING A FLAG AND TAIL IF ITS ON TO WELL. DEPENDS WHERE YOU PARK I GUESS.

9. Just wondering, how would you attach the pole/flag on your bike?

10. duct tape of course :LOL:

11. No chance. [-X

12. i had the socceroos car door one attached to the back of my zzr250, looked very cool, pity it fell off less than a km after i 'attached' it. :?

13. [img:450:350:27cf7daa17]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2107/bmwriders6mp.jpg[/img:27cf7daa17]

14. Where is the bulldogs flag :?: :twisted: :LOL:

15. Isn't that it? :p :LOL:

GO THE STORM!!!!

16. Oh, you mean fags on bikes ?

17. if it is a bulldogs flag just stick it to your bike with cheap tape. with any luck it should work as planned. that is stay on for a photo op, but as you ride off it get ripped off and be run over by all the cages behind you. that is a sign of whats going to happen to the doggies this year.
    :blackeye:

18. Save your time and don't worry about the flag on your bike.

I've got a couple of Aussie flag stickers that are going to make there way onto my bike.

The earlier pics might have been the dogs on a day off ... we'll never know.

19. Buy a BMW did ya Duhast? :LOL: :bolt:

20. ummm dont have a bike yet :oops:

but i would assume it would be pretty easy to do if you had a sissy bar etc. A small pvc pipe could be gaffa taped to the bar -flag pole just slots in and out of the pipe - so you can remove the flag when you park your bike.