Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FJR drivers

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by raven, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Hi all.
    I'm looking for a forum or group where the Aussie contingent of Yamaha FJR drivers might tend to hang out...Is there one around, or are we all here on NetRider. :)

Most of the 'spots' that I have found seem based in the USA or Europe.

2. John, I know of the forums you mention being overseas. I dont know of any FJR specific here in oz. Although the FJR's are becoming more popular. Which is understandable as they are such a fantastic bike :D :D :D

3. Drivers? DRIVERS?!

Try *RIDERS* :)
  4. Nah, definitely drivers.

I've ridden an FJR1300, and it's a bloody bus!

:? :LOL:
  5. Nah a gold wing is a bus, FJR's are more like a V8 statesman. They are the lightest in their class (when compared to an Honda ST). They are large, but many bikes feel large. Considering what its target market is etc, I think it is a great performer. If I were to compare it to a VFR800 I would say that teh FJR has much more go, better brakes, is heavier and handling would be not far behind a VFR.

PS of course im not biased :D
  6. I have to agree... they really aren't that far behind the main stream sports tourers in terms of general handling.

Nothing like a Gold Wing... now that's a bus :)
  7. I don't know a sports tourer around that I can't keep up with without too much fuss..
    The brakes are off the R1, so it stops really good...it runs 140+HP, which is pretty darn powerful, and torquey, It's a big bike, so the weight is to be expected, and helps keep it solid and planted at cruise.
    It's a SPORTS-tourer with more emphasis on "Sports". And a heck of a lot more comfy than many others.