Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fixing paint on your bike - whats the go?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by kursed, May 29, 2007.

1. I have a few scratches and scuffs on the zeals paint from the previous owner dropping it in her driveway. I would like to fix them up so the bikes looks clean again - does anyone have any recommendations for a sydney shop that will respray a nose fairing and do a decent job?
    I am on the north shore, in chats.

2. Steve Crow he is at Beverly Hills, excellent painter and plastic welder.
  3. hey tweet, thanks for the response!
    do you have a number for steve or a business name?

anyone know of anyone else, maybe a bit closer?
  4. Called Crow's custom paint, look him up!
  5. How much does it cost roughly ?
  6. should be 200-250$ +
    even at trade prices paint is expensive
  7. What needs painting, any plastic welding needed?

Asking the cost will depend on what needs doing, also stickers can be expensive if they need replacing.
  8. I will get a photo later tonight, but in the meantime, there is a 50c size scuff on the outside left of the nose cone that has taken off some paint and scraped the plastic deep, but not enough to go through it.
    Otherwise the crankcase (i think its called) is scratched but I can no doubt just get a new cover for it.

Anyone know the best way to get pitting off my wheels? looks like the previous owner never cleaned them ever. :(

My thoughts were wet and dry 100 or so, (something light) then polish the crap out of them with autosol or some metal polish...