Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fixing Indicator

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by geeth, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hello,
    Today I noticed that my right rear indicator has come off a bit, it's still on the bike and works, but it is hanging off.

I am new to bikes so I will try my best so this makes sense.

On the base of the indicator it is a rubber end, which is getting a bit cracked (i imagine that I will be replacing this soon) and on the bike there is a nut.

Oh it's an 95 XJR 400.

I imagine that I have to get this nut off the bike and put it inside the rubber at the end of the indicator and then screw it back on to the bike as I can't see any other way to get it on other then glue.

Is this correct? If so, to do this would I have to get the wires out of the indicator first?

2. Hello.

That sounds about right, you will need to unplug the wires first, (take note of where they go, should only be two wires) then undo the nut.

If you haven't got a replacement yet, try ringing around the wreckers, but from memory that bike is a grey import(?), so it might be hard to find parts.

There is always Gaffa tape if you can't find a replacement, I wouldn't bother gluing it myself.

BTW, this should probably be in Technical & Troubleshooting...
  3. Thanks, will give it a try.

Defiently will take note.

The indicators where changed for import compliance.

I had this and tech open, hit new thread on the wrong page. Sucks when in a rush.
  4. All fixed, had to take it completely out to get the leverage to fix it, but learnt how to replace globes / indicator assembly. easier then I expected