Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Fixing congestion

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by twistngo, Jun 3, 2012.

1. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...ase-road-squeeze/story-fn7x8me2-1226381401082

Quick fixes to ease road squeeze

A HOST of low-cost quick fixes may help solve Melbourne's chronic traffic congestion as Victoria awaits funding for huge road projects.

Frustrated drivers face at least another 10 years before the $9 billion East-West Link is built, opening a tunnel link from the Eastern Freeway to the Tullamarine Freeway and Western Ring Road.

And the "missing link" on the northeastern section of the Ring Road and further widening of the Monash Freeway may be even further off.

and so on

THE Sunday Herald Sun invites readers to suggest quick-fix traffic solutions that could make a big difference now without spending billions of dollars.

Send your suggestions to: hammondg@heraldsun.com.au

I think GRAEME HAMMOND needs to be made aware of the potential role of powered two wheelers
  2. What about getting rid of the 9 to 5 ???
    And doing your 8 to 10 in one hit.
    You could get more done hitting the ground running in two three hour shifts than one big ten I reckon.
    Why spend a fortune on something that is used for four hours of every twenty four. Why so much grief.
    Yup, instead of changing our head butting lifestyles. We invent the helmet farken farken
  3. Can @TonyE or someone forward the brussels Leuwen and similar studies to this guy - too hard on IOS. They are in the research forum.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'