Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FIVE Supermotard gloves

Discussion in 'Gloves' at netrider.net.au started by Rainbow7, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Over the last 20-ish years I've owned probably two dozen pairs of gloves; some good, some poor, some excellent.
    I rarely get cold hands even in the very depths of winter, so I often found that my gloves would cause my hands to be sweaty and uncomfortable for most of the year.
    A few years ago I happened to see some Joe Rocket nylon/leather supermotard gloves in the bargain bin at Bike Gear Warehouse, for a mere $25. I had never tried that style of glove but they looked like they'd be good for hot weather riding, so I bought them. They were fantastic, and were my faithful companions for a good 20,000 kilometers.
    Sadly, they eventually wore out and I was once again in the market for a new pair of light gloves. I went to several bike shops but didn't really see anything that I either liked the look of or seemed like it was good quality. I eventually got chatting to the owner of Maleny Motorcycles, who suggested looking through the FIVE catalogue, which I then did.
    I asked him to order me a pair of the white supermotard gloves, the cost of which was around $120.
    When they arrived I was struck by two things: 1) the quality of the gloves, and 2) the incredible fit. - Most gloves seem to be either too long in the thumbs or too long in the fingers, but the FIVE gloves were perfect.

I have now had these gloves for around 5 months and have ridden at good 4000km with them. They are perfectly broken in and fit -ahem- like a glove.
    They show none of the signs of the typical pair of gloves, e.g. stitching unravelling, seams coming apart, tearing, etc. These gloves still look as if they were only a week or two old.

In summary, if you're in the market for a long-lasting, well made, comfortable pair of light gloves, I definitely recommend the FIVE Supermotard gloves.

FIVESupermotard_zpsfdfb031a.

http://www.five-gloves.com/index2.php5?page=gants&categorie=5&sous_categorie=235

• Like Like x 2
  2.  Top
  3. I've had two pairs of five gloves and they've been fantastic value for money.
    I replaced my summer gloves (alpinestars) with a set of Five Supermotard gloves last weekend, stupidly I didn't try both of them on before leaving the shop. When I got home I found that the left hand thumb was nearly two inches longer than the right (replaced by MCAS with no quibbling - thanks, MCAS).
    Great gloves but check before buying as the odd pair have quality control issues. I would, however, buy Five again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, it is a French company...

5. Oui oui c'est bon