Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fitting right handlebar + brake/throttle cables

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by WowlTurkey, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Greetings all,

I'll try to give as much info as possible. Bare in mind, I have a fair idea as the problem as I can see it, hopefully theres nothing I CAN'T see.

It's a 1991 CBR 250 RR, it slid on its right side down the road and into the curb at a pretty low speed of about 30klicks

THE PROBLEM

the right handlebar snapped off... I HAVE already bought a new handle and brake lever. I have a fair idea of what needs to be done to replace it all.

undo the handle at the fork, take it off and replace it with the new one blah blah blah... basically i guess

does anyone know of a step-by step print out? or something similar? or give me the general jist of it all
    cheers

NOTE: I HAVE THE PARTS, JUST NEED ADVICE

2. - F/Brake Lever snapped off - $15 for new one
    - "H-frame" (Not sure of official name [the part that keeps the mirrors and windscreen stable etc]) bent and broke. - can't be more than $50 from a wrecker
    - Right mirror snapped - new set of mirrors, $30 ebay a new nice set
    - F/Right blinker snapped - $30 for an ebay set of new blinkers (set of 4) or just get another stock one from wrecker for $10

Personally I'd get the above done, and bother fixing the fairing when you're about to sell.

Likely 650-2000 for fairing replacement/repaint depending on who does it/how perfect you want it.

3. yeah man, picked up most of the stuff today. i want to repair it myself... so i need to know about the brake cable/throttle cable and how to attach it all!!!

and i have a faring on the way... windscreen and h-frame together about 200 bucks, i'll go ebay, much cheaper!

4. You can pick up the mirror stay (your "H-frame") and screen for about $100 together from Tyga-performance.com and have a bit of an oggle at their other parts. Otherwise, I'd say eBay and wreckers are your friends as already suggested :]

Have a mate's CBR250RR that we're putting back together as a project. Let us know how it goes.

5. yeah not a problem getting the rest of the stuff i need!!!!!!

The problem is getting it all together.
    thanks tho

good luck with your mates bike