Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fitting Pod Filters

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by T4Tom, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm want to fit pod filter to my 1985 GPZ250. it's mainly for looks, it currently has a boring black air box.

My question is, can I just put them straight on or is there anything I need to do, like get it retuned or re jetted or anything like that?

This is what I'm thinking of getting...

2. Any ideas on how I can run the vacuum advance pipe with these filters?
  3. Dont waste your time and money for no benifet and yes u will more than likely have to rejet the carbs as flat spots may appear also they dont like the rain and are less efficient and will suck more crap into your engine.But if ya wanna do it for a little bling thats up to u
  4. Hmm.... that's sucks. I mainly wanted them for the looks but I'm not trying to add problems to the bike either.

Maybe they can wait,

any other options for changing the intake?

What have other people done?
  5. Unfortunately I would tend to agree with z900...you'll likely experience performance drop if you fit them without rejetting, and flat spots etc. Also rain issues.
  6. The best advise i can give u is its a 250 leave it alone,when u upgrade to a larger bike that u may have for a while well then play around with it.To do anything bling or performance based on a 250 is a waste of time.But if ya got shit loads of cash to throw around go for it ,or post it to me and i will do some work on my track bike.