Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fitting a cbr600 f3/f4 exhaust onto a cbr600 f4i

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dutch, Feb 7, 2006.

1. im wondering if anyone out there can give some advise on whether a yoshi rs-3 slip-on pipe made for the f3/f4 series cbr600 would fit on my cbr600F4i ? would it be costly, is there much involved, does anyone know who can do this for a reasonable price? any help would be much appreciated!!

2. Hey there,

I know that you can get the Yoshi R3 for your F4i from www.hardracing.com for about AU$450 delivered (US$289 for the can, US$61 delivery). Am thinking of getting one from the for my bike also.

Those guys respond to emails quick too.

I think here in Melbourne they are AU$890

They were very speedy with the pipe for my ZX6R and saved me almost $400 from the local shops.

Hope this helps... :grin:
  3. Hi Redninja, i cant find any exhaust products for my bike on their website, I've sent em and email, see how we go, cheers..
  4. Dutch,

I have a CBR600FY (just preceding the F4i model) and found a second hand F4i original Honda muffler which I tried but it did not fit. The pipe section from the muffler heading toward the engine was longer and at a slightly different angle to my FY and it also had no centre stand bracket or rubber stopper (as the F4I did not come with a centre stand).

If you can plas up with your local Honda dealer service staff they might keep an eye out for second hand (may be slightly scratched) units coming through which are discards of moderatley crashed bikes where the insurance has paid for a new one and the scratched pipe is otherwise serviceable.

Good luck!
  5. As the person above me said, it requires a different joining pipe, but the actual slipon should fit...

This may be a perfect time to think about a high riser