Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fitting 2 wire LED indicator into original 3 wire setup? HOW??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Darren96, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Hi there,
    I have seen a few threads around about fitting 2 wire LED indicators into the original 3 wire set up of a bike, but none of the answers I read seemed very clear cut.
    I guess I;m hoping there is a simple way to do this? I have fitted the LED's on the rear (no problem as the originals are obviously 2 wires also) but the front? How? Any help would be much appreciated! cheers!

2. There will only be two wires running to each of the indicators. I think you may be getting confused with 2 wire or three wire flasher cans. Is that what you mean?
  3. No, I mean there are 3 wires running to my front left indicator and 3 wires running to my front right indicator
  4. i have seen this in cars to accommodate for America. they have a dual fillament bulb in the indicator so they can have orange running lights on the front.

it might be running the same loom as an American one.

take your bulb out of the indicator
    get the three wires and hold them on the bulbs contacts (one wire on each contact) with the indicator on.

you will soon find out which wires you need.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Your a legend mate, Did what you said, just cut the wires, tested them with the new led lamp and turns out I didn't need one of the blue wires on the right and one of the orange wires on the left. They are all wired up and looking good and working perfect. Thanks again mate
  6. all good, glad you got it working
    • Like Like x 1