Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fitted Neptune Exhuast on VTR250

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by megalomaniac, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Fitted one of these few weeks ago. Mark at Neptune a pleasure to deal with. Polished textured stainless oval muffler.

Gorgeous sound (compared to stock of course!)... Stupidly loud with baffle out and also noticed slight power reduction at bottom end. With the baffle in performs better than stock (minor of course)

Getting slight backfires if changing from 1st gear at 40km/hr 8000rpm... Is that a concern? I really don't know/understand about lean running etc.

Had it serviced and apparently it didn't need re-jetting. (it's injected, not carb)

Ran low on fuel, filled up then few days after filling up was getting intermittent flat spot in either 1st or 2nd. What do I assume?... Bad fuel? Or exhaust related? Was running sweet for the few weeks before most recent fuel fillup.

2. I had one on my VTR (carb), the backfires (pops/burble) are normal on deceleration, though never on up shifts.

As for your fuel query, I'd say it's your fuel. You should be running 95, 98 isn't much chop between the two on the VTR.
  3. Put in some injector cleaner and done about 200kms topping up with fuel twice. Still got random hesitation. Perhaps not as rough as it was initially. Really random when it happens. Idle is smooth.

Guess will call service dept tomoro and see.
  4. 92 Octane is fine for a low tuned bike like a VTR. Dont waste your money.
  5. Check out your air filter too. Might just be coincidental timing and it needs a clean?