Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First weekend of riding

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by MikeH, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Got my bike and had a good chat with Wedge on the weekend, thanks so much for the tips:)
    Did about 220km's this weekend getting used to the bike, how it is on the roads, working on judging corners, round-abouts etc; getting a feel for everything really.
    Just wanted to say I had such a blast, loving it so much! Can't keep the smile from my face :grin:
    Anyway, just saying hi, and keep up the helpful info, it really does help a lot and is very appreciated.

2. Good work mate. Dont do what i did and rush out to the cotter. Almost stacked it on the first corner. Once you get some experience up though its a great ride out there.

What are you riding? I might see you out riding around sometime.
  3. Got a blue GS500F, loving it so much! (Thanks again Wedge!)

Yeah heard some horror stories about the Cotter so stearing clear of it for a while, plenty of great runs around anyway;)
  4. lol i remember my first ride. kept slipping the bloody gears from 1st to neutral all the time :p
  5. Hey Mike, good to hear your getting out there already.
    Sounds like your doing the right thing and getting comfortable on the bike. Keep up the riding, when i get my new bike i'll have to go for a spin with ya.

Kepp those cats off the bike mate :wink:
  6. Yeah there are alot of good road around the ACT. The cotter is definatly one you should hit up sometime. Take it easy first time thou.

I see lots of blue gs500's around Canberra. What are they like to ride?