Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First week first stack

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by randy_rider, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Hey all,
    I was riding my bike to the football on the weekend. I missed the turn that I wanted, so I decided to do a U turn.

We practiced U turns about 50 times in the L course. I forgot the golden rule though - I tried to stop half way through. The bike dropped, and I landed on my arse in the middle of the road. Luckily there was almost no traffic around.

The bike is unhurt, I've got a sore bum. But most importantly I have a reminder to plan ahead on U turns.

2. Or, more sensibly, don't miss the turn off in the first place? :D
  3. Or you could do the 'burnout u-turn' which requires much less space.
  4. So is that taught in the p's course, casue im only on my L's n was wondering of i had something to look forward to? :wink:
  5. HAHA keep dreaming dude, the day that happens will be the same day John Howard makes a decision without looking to see if George Dubya Bush approves!!!
  6. Note: at walking pace type speed and in a curve/turn, keep off the front brake! If the brake grabs or the power drops off... the bike immediately falls over.

Tip: When going sloooow, always drag the rear.

They teach that in the courses... it's amazing how often it's forgotten though.