Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First timer.... Need a recommendation

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by genolium, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Hi all

I have finally decided to introduce my self after mainly just spending my time reading various sections of the forum. I am the proud owner of a 2011 CBR600RR. After about 12 months of riding I have decided to get onto the aftermarket parts circuit and purchase a 15/44 sprocket upgrade; front sprocket is a JT item and rear is from Driven, with a DID VX-2 520 chain. After watching a few videos I am not 100% confident re: doing the changeover myself, tools and mechanic skills lacking I think. Can anyone recommend a trusty mechanic in Adelaide that could do the upgrade?? Open to suggestions from anywhere in town.

Thanks for you help!

2. Welcome Genolium, Can't help you with recommendations on Adelaide mechanics. Try some of the SA members, RRdevilRRdevil or GoldNineGoldNine may be able to give you some options.
  3. Garage Motorcycles at Strathalbyn are pretty good.
  4. McsennaMcsenna too
  5. StevoSA is a South Aussie member also
  6. Thanks guys! Have gotten a couple of quotes both charging 1 hr labour @ $95 an hour; should of been motorcycle mechanic!! I will speak to the members also.

Great help!
  7. Thats what they charge, what goes into the poor blokes pocket is usually a very different story. 1st year apprentice they'll charge you 95 and pay him 6 :p
  8. If I had the tools I would give it a crack, would cost be more to set myself up then pay a professional to complete that will last me atleast
    a few thousand Ks :S ;)
  9. I have tools (except a chain breaker) but chains and sprockets I still pay mechanics to do.