Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First time poster, long time viewer!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by nixwheels, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Hi all!

I've been enjoying some of the wisdom imparted on these pages for a while now, but have only now got around to joining.

I've been riding for about 18 months, and currently ride a Honda VT250, although I'm 47 days away from my full licence, so although it's been a great bike, that could all change soon :grin:

I'm from the inner eastern suburbs of melbourne, and I'm always looking for people to ride with, hope to catch up with some of you soon.

2. hey buddy. congrats on your big move towards actually posting :grin:

we're also inner eastern suburbs of melbourne so drop a PM any time you feel like a ride.

welcome aboard, carri x

3. Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games :cool: wisdom, wackery, wit and wonder, it's all here.

4. Hi nixwheels :)

5. Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm trying to keep my 250 shiny at the moment as I'm starting to get very excited about an October upgrade (fingers-crossed), but once that new bike is mine, try and get me off it...

6. Welcome nixwheels
    You'll find some interesting reading in these pages.
    DIVA

7. DOH !!!
    Of course you know the reading is interesting, being a long time viewer.
    DIVA

8. Easy mistake to make, DIVA :grin:

Nix, pull up the lounge and plan to stay; there's always something going onhere , it's that sort of place!!

9. Nix having gone past being a just viewer, now you can be a real poser err ... I mean real poster. :cool:

10. Ill be your wing man anytime.. DOOHH this isnt the topgun thread is it? :LOL: Ill ride with ya. Im from east melbourne 2.

11. welcome to the forums.. :grin:

12. Welcome to the forums. Let me know if you plan to head out the far east (black spur, marysville etc) as I'm usually out riding most weekends with a couple of the locals out this way.

Take care and safe riding,

Firestorm. :grin: :grin: :grin:

13. Great to hear there are few riders round these parts, it's pretty hard to spot bikes amongst all the toorak tractors :wink:

I love getting out yarra valley/healesville way, will definitely take you guys up on those offers real soon. Cheers :grin:

14. Hey Man welcome, and don't worry us Newbies are going to take over this place.

15. Hi there nix, welcome to the forum. :) What bike are you looking to upgrade to?

16. welcome,
    the mexicans have a fairly good following down there, so i am sure you will find yourself out and about on rides in no time.

keep counting those days down :)
    enjoy

17. Thanks hornet600, I have been making these mistakes for a while now. Does that mean I have got a condition called "OLDTIMERS"? :LOL:
    DIVA

18. Welcome nix, there are plenty of riders in the inner east and if you post up a ride (On a nice day) they'll all come out of the woodwork

19. All sounds very promising. I've found it hard to find riding partners recenty, seems all the bikers I know hibernate during the winter :(

Pete, I've got my eye on a Duc Multistrada (the big one). Despite what a lot of people say about Ducati's (and the people who ride them), I can't resist a hot-blooded Italian :wink: