Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First time drop

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sonicbaz, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Was pulling into the Valley Blockbuster today in Brissy. Tank bag was positioned too far to the right which stopped me fully turning my bars, totally screwed me up and I suspect I grabed some front brake as my bird went down quick. Scratched the side of the fairing, but no other damage. Thought the mirror was stuffed but it had just folded up.

Grazed my knee through my jeans, thinking I might get a pair of draggins if I show Mrs Sonicbaz my injury and limp around a bit.

Got her back on two wheels thanks to the fantastic help from the girl working in the video store. (She still charged me late fees - dam thought she might feel sorry for me :p)

Lessons learned.

1. Check tank bag is centerd and does not inhibit free movement of bars.
    2. The bits that are not protected are the bits that get hurt.
    3. Front brake does not aid steering
    4. I really love my bike.
  2. Damn shame, mate. I've dropped my bike three times at a standstill, so far. At $1500/L, my paint ain't cheap, but after the last drop I just said to myself, "F*ck it, it's just paint." That's not to say I won't feel like sh*t if / when I drop her again, but I'm over stressing about it.

Hope the knee heals up quick. Better milk it for a week first, hey? :grin:
  3. I wasn't too pleased the first time my bike went over - I was backed over by a maxi taxi :cry:

Naked bike though so only some marks to the handle bar and exhaust.
  4. thanks for the heads up