Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Time Bike Holiday

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by kingy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. hello Gents

in 2 weeks time myself and 15 others are heading from brissy down to phillip island then great ocean road then ade then back...

this will be the first time ever that i have had to have an overnight trip...

so i am every excited and nervous at the same time...

we plan to stop at my oldies joint in the sutherland shire nsw for a night then head down to eden for a night.. every other stop will just be "lets ride till we wanna stop"....

can anyone recomomed great caravan,motels to stay between eden and melbourne ????

and any tips would be great like things to look out for etc etc etc...

cheers guys...

regards Kingy

2. Kingy,

The Mitchell River Caravan Park in Bairnsdale is nice. I stayed there recently on my trip. Cabins for around $80-$90 a night.

It is on the RHS as you come over the bridge into Bairnsdale (from Eden side).

Enjoy the ride.

Gerry

3. can you make up a google map so that we can see exactly where you are going so that we can make adjustments to it so that you are taking the best and most exciting roads for a great motorcycle trip...

ps... large groups ... Not one of my favourite things to do... can = disaster if every single one of you haven’t got your heads on straight... be carefull... there was yet another motorcycle death on the GOR just recently...

4. thanks for the tips guys...
    these blokes i have been ridding with for 4yrs so we know each others limits and ridding style...

5. Head across to Bombala from Bega and come down the Monaro Hwy 115 klms of twisties, Comes out at Cann river on the Prices Hwy.

6. done and noted cheers