Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Street Ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by gillsy83, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Hi All,

Got my L's a few weeks ago, and was going to buy a bike last weekend. However I'm being sent to the US for work so extending my trip with a holiday and using my saved money on that.

However a friend of mine is away for 4 months so is lending me his Hyosung 250R, I live in an apartment block so been going up and down in the undercover car park to get use to it, but just did my first street ride. Nervous as hell stop half way around the block and had to build up my nerves to do the rest of it lol .

Hopefully it wont take me too long to get it, as I really want to get out on the roads and stop using my car.

2. keep going the more time and km's you spend on the bike the easier it is. When i picked up my first bike i had to drive from camden to blacktown. My only other experience was the rider training course to get my L's. I now ride every day to and from work and most weekends go for a ride with my gf who's on her L's.
  3. I can vouch for it getting easier.

Only been riding for a week now and feel comfortable out on the roads now.

Just go at your own pace, dont rush it and soon you will be mixing it up with the rest of the vehicles on the main roads.
  4. Bottle the feeling mate as it goes away pretty quickly and you'll look back fondly on it.

Fun Ha!
  5. LOL, I'm hoping so.

As I live in the city, sot here are very few back roads I can practice on. I have more of a concern because it's not my bike, but the first thing I did was insure it for me so don't have too much to worry about.