Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First set of gear for a newbie

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by swannysan, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hey,
    I am looking to buy my first set of motorcycle gear, but can't decide between leather and textile gear. Ideally, I would like for the gear to be able to cope with rain as well as heat (i.e Melbourne weather). Budget says that I can't get both a set of wet weather gear and hot weather gear separately. Here are the items I have considered so far:
    RST Razor Jacket
    And
    RST Ventilator 2 Jacket
    The pants I plan to purchase will most likely be the matching pants for the jackets. I have these two jackets high on my list due to both having CE armor at elbows, shoulders, as well as on the back.*
    My main concerns are: if i get the leathers will it get too hot? With the mesh on the jacket, I wonder if it will actually provide protection. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

San.
    (PS This is my first post! This forum has been invaluable to me, providing me with lots of information so far)