Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Service

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by conspiracytheorist, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Hey I've done 3000kms on my 02 kwaka zzr250 since I bought it (puts it up to about 21000kms) and it wont be long before I'll be looking for a service.

Is every 5000 good, or 6000 fine?

Also, what is typically done in a service?. Close motorcycles lists 4 stroke faired twin cylinder as $220. Does that sound reasonable?

2. Hi mate,
    Have you got the manual? It lists what service to do at what kays. Unfortunately mine is at home but I will PM you my details and you can give me a call. The amount for service you have quoted seems OK for a shop, but expect it to be more than that. I have the reciepts for my 2005 ZZR250 6000k and it is about $350 from Syd City Moto. Personally I plan to do all servicing myself, I have a manual now and have done my car ever since I bought it and you save heaps. I am an engineer and have worked on aircraft before so It should not be too hard. I have to wait a couple of weeks for my learners course otherwise I would see you on the beach.
  3. Thanks, had a look at the manual and I see I'm due for some work at 24000. I'll probably have a go at doing as much as I can to save some dosh.