Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First service for new bike

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by sudu, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hi
    I have a new GSXR600 and was told to get the first service at 1000km. Can I give it to a general bike service place or is it better to take it to Suzuki for the first service?

2. As long as the service centre is authorised to do Suzuki's you'll be fine. Why not take it back to the dealer though? A relationship could (will) come in handy.

3. I bought it from Peter Steven in Melbourne - they are kinda expensive to do anything with - will do a quick call around and see if I can find another Suzuki dealer. Thanks for that.

4. You dont have to take it to a Suzuki dealer. Any bike shop can do a service and stamp your book without any lost of warranty to the bike....but on the down side the non-Suzuki dealer cant do any warranty work or gets any info from Suzuki like service bulletins or recall notices.

5. we like Mick Hone in box hill but it might be a bit far from you