Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First run of the Black Spur

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by sillygit, May 27, 2007.

1. I had some practice leaning into the corners on the way there and although I took the run slow (compared to the dudes on the sports bikes) it was very very fun! :)

I feel like I understand the bike a whole lot more after today.

p.s. Riding on the Eastern Fwy is SCARY when it's windy. My poor little bike was getting blown all over the place. :shock:
  2. Hey sillygit...were you parked at the Beechworth Bakery this morning? Think I saw your bike there. :)

I was on the red VTR250 - and like you was practicing stuff.

Keep it fun.
  3. Think I saw you a few times today. Hope you had fun!
  4. I thought that was you near the Mobil in Healesville :grin:
  5. Good work and its great you had fun. Thats what riding is all about!
  6. Did I follow you through warrandyte about 12-1pm to the round-a-bout at Kangaroo Ground? You headed left to Eltham I headed right to Christmas hills... so many bikes out today. :)
  7. You should've stopped and said hi! ... :grin: Or was it whilst I was standing with the two boys in blue - both raising their brows at my explanation as to why I wasn't displaying an L plate. :LOL:
  8. Hmm, we had lunch in Marysville. I'm not to sure what the place was called. :) I'd be surprised if anyone noticed my little bike. I was riding next to a KTM 950 Adventure... :p
  9. Hmm, you very well could have. I'm not to sure what time it was (I'd guess it was the early side of 12pm). We went from Warrandyte to Toolangi and I really don't know which roads we took. :)
  10. Probably was you then, Hardly ever see any blue VTRs, lots of black ones, red ones, older yellow ones, but not many blue ones. I didn't see the KTM though :?
  11. Ah, now I know.

You were with the orange KTM and the WRX's. Have to apologise, i think i may have been on your back wheel briefly while trying to pass some cars. :oops:

Hope you had a good day out, not too cold for your first run.
  12. Yep, that was us. How annoying was that line of traffic!? 50 cars queued up behind a big slow truck. :(
  13. This is one of the "luxuries" of being injured and not able to work (but still good enough to ride!). I go around that area during mid week and hardly see any traffic. BLISS!
  14. Very annoying.

Undii, might just see you out there. (Finish my job this wednesday, yay!)